As my mid-section continues to expand, I thought of cutting back on the sugar.
This Mango Mousse is really good and I used the natural sweetness for the ripe mangoes without any added sugar! I also made a vanilla foam to garnish the top and make it more fancy. Let me share this secret recipe with you.
- Ingredients for 2 to 3 servings:
- 150g of ripe, peeled and cut, mango cubes
- 150g of whipping cream
- 100g of milk
- 1 tsp of gelatin powder
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Using a blender, liquefy the mango cubes into a thick puree.
- In a small mini-bowl, add gelatin powder to a tablespoon of water and allow it to hydrate.
- Add half of the mango puree to a small saucepan along with the hydrated gelatin and give it a quick boil for about a minute or two.
- Remove the puree from the heat and mix in the rest of the mango puree to cool down. Let it cool completely before the next step.
- Whip up the cream to stiff peaks and gently fold in the cooled puree until no streaks are visible. You can leave about 30 or 40 grams of mango puree for garnish.
- Scoop the mango mousse into the desired serving cups and chill for two hours.
- Just before serving, add the vanilla extract to the milk and use a milk frother to create a foam. Spoon up some of the foam and carefully place it over your mousse cups.