A few weeks back I managed to post a bit of a showstopper! Yes, very modest, I know… My Black Cherry blondies got a lot of attention and many people asked for the recipe. So, here it is:
1 cup (220g) butter, melted (you can go a bit over and brown your butter for extra flavor)
2 cups (350g) brown sugar (you can use a combination of 1 cup of granulated white sugar and 1 cup of brown sugar, but the result won’t be as awesome)
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups (280g) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (250g) white chocolate chips
1 cup black cherries, pitted and halved
- Pre-heat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, mix the freshly melted butter with the sugar and whisk well.
- Add the eggs one at a time while whisking after each egg addition.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and fold in gently until you see no dry pockets of flour.
- Pour the batter in a 9-inch baking pan or dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center shouldn’t come out totally clean… You want some fudge! 😉