It has become quite a rare occurrence for me to see something in food that I haven’t at least heard of before. But recently I witnessed Alex Guaranschelli make a type of aioli using baked potato as a main ingredient! Thank you Food Network!
You can poach your shrimp in any kind of bouillon or flavored water. I added salt, peppercorns, lemon, herbs, chili and onion to mine. Brought the water to a boil dumped the shrimp in it and covered it with the heat off for 5 minutes. But this recipe is not about the shrimp.
Let me take through the ingredients you will need for that potato aioli.
- 1 boiled potato (bake it for extra floury texture)
- 1 egg
- 75 ml of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of dijon mustard
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- Juice of one lemon
- A touch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add the warm potato and egg to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the other ingredients except for the oil, salt & pepper. Pulse through.
- Gradually add the olive oil and keep pulsing it through.
- Finally season to taste.
- Enjoy dipping your shrimp into this creamy delight!