I’ve always found it to be quite a challenge to find specialty Asian ingredients in Egypt. One day you find an abundance of items, the next day they’re gone. You would often find yourself having to make many trips to several supermarkets just to find the right ingredient. And then, ZUMRA Food came to the rescue… An online grocery store that fulfills most of your hard-to-find ingredient needs from the perfect homemade sushi dinner to an exotic Indian curry.
It’s a really exciting time to share with you that I will be representing ZUMRA Food as a brand ambassador and show you all what amazing things you can make with their products.
Kicking off with this Sriracha Noodle Salad for what is left of the hot summer days and also comfortably hot for cooler nights as the weather starts to wind down.
Recipe (serves two):
- Main ingredients:
- 2 packs of instant noodles
- 1 poached chicken breast
- 1 white onion
- 1 tomato
- some celery leaves
- handful of peanuts (or cashew nuts)
- Cilantro leaves, sesame seeds and lemon wedge for garnish
- Sauce ingredients:
- 2 tsp peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp ZUMRA Sriracha sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (or granulated white sugar)
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together and chill in the fridge.
- Boil the noodles for 3 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold running water.
- Pull the poached chicken breast apart into thin strings.
- Slice the vegetables (onion, tomato and celery) into 0.5 to 1cm slices.
- Coarsely chop the nuts.
- Add all the prepped ingredients into a large bowl, pour over the sauce and mix well to combine.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves, sesame seeds and lemon wedge. Serve with extra Sriracha sauce on top if you like it really spicy.
You can check out all of ZUMRA Food’s products and shop online at www.zumrafood.com.